Search This Blog

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Bunking office

I still remember my those days, which I spent in my Government Inter College, Pauri (Uttarakhand). Some days, we used to bunk school (not classes) to spend time in more useful activities such as playing cricket, studying together at any friend's home etc. Those days, I never had any idea that, I will be repeating myself after few years.

The extremely bad world economy, the companies bearing larger than life losses have made an impact on everyone's life these days, irrespective of the area he or she is working in. The increased work pressure has forced us to live a life like a machine with all screws and nut bolts tightened. And then, as all machines require regular servicing, the same demand was generated from inside of all of us. But, the machines which are not serviced for a long time, they tend to become rigid, and it takes time to get them agreed for servicing. Same was the reaction of mine, when one of my ex-colleagues and great friend proposed to go for outing on a working day in office. The first reaction was no way. I cannot leave from office just like that. However, soon the machine realized that it needs to be serviced.

I alongwith 3 ex-colleagues left from Gurgaon at 8:45 a.m. around today (12th Nov'09) in morning. We stopped for some tea and parathas at a dhaba on the way, and resumed our trip after that. The weather was so nice that, in the beginning itself we had started feeling the blessings of the Almighty. We all were meeting together after a pretty long time, but we got together like we meet each other daily. That's when you meet with someone, who never goes out of your heart. And, so the presence is always felt within.

The Damdama lake was around 30-40 Km away from our source point, and it took around 45 minutes to reach there. The beautiful weather made us feel very nice, when we sit near the lake. However, I think it was the physical presence of all friends together, which was actually making the day special. We roamed around the lake for some time, and then decided to go for boat ride. There weren't enough people today, as it was a weekday and we weren't surprised to see that. Afterall, all machines are not serviced on a single day. The boat ride costed us Rs. 80, and the ferryman who was a villager from Abhaygarh (a nearby village) delivered some information about the place to us. He informed us that singer Mika and some hot shots have got farms here, just close to lake, which is not a Govt. tourism property but is present on a panchayati land.

After boating, we decided to satisfy our appetite, and had tea and pakoras in the restaurnt built near to lake by Haryana Tourism. The taste was above our expectation here. Then we climbed up a mountain and remained there for some time before returning to our respective source stations. One of the friends had volunteered to bring his car for this trip, which we all enjoyed to the full extent. While returning back, we also had lunch in 'Dagar Dhaba' by sitting cross leg on charpoys. I reached my home at around 5:15 p.m.

This trip was a success for all of us, and actually was an eye opener for at least me to realize that, friends are a real asset for the life. It was actually not the surroundings, the food, the things which we felt were great, it was the company of each other which made us feel great.
It is not important that, how long your relationship is with anyone, what matters is what sort of relationship your heart shares with that person.

I have worked with these guys for only 1 year, after which I had made a switch and joined my current company. It all had happened 2 years back, but still I don't see even a slight change in our feelings for each other. It is same, as it was 2 years back. Pure & natural without involving any sort of artifical things. I feel that these guys are like childhood friends to me. Whenever we are together, we feel so much of love with each other, that our relation appears to be much older and stronger than we really assume. I have realized that, having friends like these guys is a blessing, and I always want to preserve this relation in my heart with all care and love.

After this trip, machines are in good shape again. Let us see, when the next servicing will happen for them.

No comments: